Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Walking in Crown Heights

Bs"d

I walk alone.
No one knows me, yet I am recognizable by anyone.
I could be anybody.
I am myself.
My mind flutters with thought.
My body is grounded by the beat of my footsteps.
Buildings rise above me.
Lives are led underground, disconnected from the lives above.
Songs flee from my lips.
They are whispers.
Windows glimmer with light, give me glimpses.
Men smoke on street corners, arguing.
We rush across the streets.
My legs eat up the pavement.
I am aware of everyone and everything.
Possibilities.
Who knows who that might be?
A face seen here or there.
Will I see you again?
I feel beholden.
You are my people.
Unknown to me.
But mine.
The wind ruffles my hair, a foolish caress.
I smile, soaking it in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Like!! Very relatable.

Menucha photography said...

nice.........i can totally relate.......

Menucha photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

mmm...nice.
hadn't checked your blog in forever and i felt compelled to today. guess since you ran out of "bones" you might turn to your old internet stomping grounds.

you make walking through crown heights seem like a painting.