Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sound Familar?

Bsd

Is she looking at me?
I can feel her looking at me from the other side of the table, but if I look up from my gefilte fish, she'll get embarrassed. Or maybe she won't Maybe she'll smile. Oh sh**, what if she smiles at me? Will Eli's dad notice? Will Eli?
Ok, ok, the girls are standing up, they're clearing off the table. I can look up now, man, she is cute! Look at that little skirt, those little ankles, crap, now I'm staring, eyes back to the gefilte fish, boy. 
I wonder what her name is. She's Eli's sister's friend, maybe she's her age, but sometimes Shaina has older friends, so she could be my age. 
She could be dating. 
I could be dating.
I could be dating her. 
Ok, they're coming back now, f***, they're giggling, is she looking at me again? Sing, you idiot, sing, before Eli's dad booms at you, "Shmulik, sing with us!" because then she'll know your name, sh**, what if she does already? What if she knows my sister? I was looking at my sister's friend's tush. Sh**, sh**, sh**. 
"Can you pass the Coke, please?"
F***, did she just ask me to pass the Coke? Pass the Coke, Shmuel! Smile. Pass the Coke. F***. She has a lovely voice. Definitely not from New York. Does that mean something? She could have asked Eli to pass the Coke. She asked me. Oh, come on, she asked you to pass her some soda, not if you'd like to... yeah, don't even go there, it's bad enough you didn't say anything when you passed her the Coke.
I hate these meals. 
I wonder if I can come back next week?

25 comments:

le7 said...

What was this? Our imaginary, shy boy sure swears a lot...

bonne said...

Well boychicks, is it true? C'mon, fess up.

Just like a guy said...

Only a girl could write something like this.

le7 said...

Are you saying (shockingly) it's not to accurate?

It sort of seems like it would be from the viewpoint of our more flaming male brethren.

Just like a guy said...

I can't imagine any guy thinking like this. Imagine if I tried imitating a girl's perspective in this situation-I'd have no clue, and it would show.

le7 said...

Tru dat homie TRS.

Just like a guy said...

Yeah, reading it over for a second time, this time more closely, I just can't see it.

Rachel said...

Wow, this is so wrong.

Cheerio, if you studied them more closely you'd realize the only thing running through their head sounds more like this:

"Bzzzzz."

If they're a bit more sophisticated:

"Bzzzzzz. Itch. Bzzzzzzzzzzz."

Just like a guy said...

No, that comment was so wrong.

bonne said...

Hmmm, I suppose some guys just dont think that much...hah.

Just like a guy said...

So you evidently believe. Whatever, you have to marry one, I don't.

bonne said...

Rabbi Paltiel:"Women are magnificent, they have but one flaw, they fall for men." So count your blessings Sparky.

Just like a guy said...

I do. You know what Lipa's next hit is gonna be? Shelo asani isha.

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty accurate....
is this you or a guest poster?


too lazy to sign in...

-endofworld

Just like a guy said...

how would you know? You're a girl, not a guy.

Cheerio said...

LE7 - this was an exercise in imagination. I imagine that boys swear a lot in their head.
TRS - ok, you don't think it sounds real? guest post on my blog by trs - your perspective when you're at a meal with a girl you like.
Endof- all me, babe, all me.
also - she's married. so you'd think she might know.

Just like a guy said...

Fine, give me a few hours.

Just like a guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just like a guy said...

And you have to post it on the blog proper.

Cheerio said...

i promise. now email it to me.

Just like a guy said...

All right, working on it.

EndOfWorld said...

i liked your version better, cheerio

Just like a guy said...

She prefers to fiction to reality? Odd.

Cheerio said...

Endof - i'm flattered.
TRS - so do many, my friend, so do many.

Cheerio said...

Endof - i'm flattered.
TRS - so do many, my friend, so do many.