Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Clean

I cleaned the bathroom

Poured various cleaning supplies everywhere, and scrubbed, and plucked random long hairs off the side of the sink (Girls!).
It was fun. Ish. I had to do it, or my apartment mates would fine me.
Yah.
That's our new system. We all got chores, and if we don't do them, we get fined.
Which is annoying but also motivating. Truth be told, I probably wouldn't have cleaned the bathroom today if not for the threat of being fined.
I always forget how satisfying and frustrating it is to clean. Satisfying to spray and wipe and watch the dirt come right off. Frustrating to see the corners that never get clean and the dust that always resettles and the stains that won't come out!
And then there's the headache I have, a mixture of hunger and ammonia scents.
Now my room.
Then I'll feel like a human being, one who buys groceries and does her dishes, and cleans the bathroom and has artwork from her friends on the walls of her room.

11 comments:

Just like a guy said...

Cleanliness is next to G-dliness. You can work on that next :)

Cheerio said...

that's the general idea.

Altie said...

i like the new look to your blog. pretty ant bright

bonne said...

Sparkly clean new layout, is this what happened when you wiped away the brown? :)
I'll see you tonight.

e said...

all the wise and pity sayings about life, the universe, and everything are gone!

Just like a guy said...

The word is pithy.

e said...

that's what I meant.

Cheerio said...

it was time for a little renovation. shout out to le7 for her technical support!
and e., those things have been up there since i was in seminary. if you want the list, i'll email it to you.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Oh look, everyone's changing their layouts.. ..very nice. Artsy in fact..

Menucha photography said...

ash, nice new template...i havta email u my poetry sometime soon so u can put it up..

C said...

At the risk of sounding like an echo... love the new layout!