Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bsd
Stupid, effing trains.
Stupid, effing test.
Stupid, effing brother.
Equilibrium upset, and I don't know why my roommate loaning me her sweater because she thought I could use something fun and cuddly to wear today makes me cry. And my best friend's a mother, my "uncle" has cancer, and I wish this weather would last all winter. But it won't, cuz I'm not home, I'm here, dragging my feet till the end of the week when I'll get wrapped up in strong arms, at the very least metaphorically speaking, and get some relief.
Poetry night is Sat night, and I have nothing to write; the one thing I think about is the one thing I can't yet talk about (at least out loud, to a public crowd).
Am I sleep-walking, sleep-talking, sleep-massaging/test-taking/kid-sitting/apartment-fixing all this time?
It feels like it.
The writing makes me come alive, caterpillar-cocoon style, the shell of my life hiding what's really going on inside.
Gotta go, class is starting.

'

















'

20 comments:

e said...

school school school. get drudgerous sometimes.

Yossi said...

you forgot effen vodka

Just like a guy said...

You could read this on Sat night.

Altie said...

I 2nd trs.

Anonymous said...

i 3rd trs

Cheerio said...

e. - oh yah. thank God we're on to myology and its fun again.
yossi - vodka would not be stupid. it would be glorious. i had beer with lunch, and it cheered me up significantly.
everyone else - really? hmm....

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

ok, this time just two linguistic points:

"Effing"- Keep writing it like that and it'll end up in the dictionary...

"loaning me her sweater"- I see that usage going around...as if you're making monthly payments for it (i.e. as opposed to "lending").

I should be more sympathetic to the content. I know.

bonne said...

Oh gee, I know these days. I suggest going to bed early, but that is far too practical. On with the vodka!

Feivel ben Mishael said...

Beer with lunch I envy you.
I too am a zombie.

Baruch said...

You're right THERE, on the cusp. in between depressive inaction and depressive creativity. It's within reach.

It's gonna be the greatest slam ever.

oh btw, I have zilch for slam myself.. :(

tracht gut

Baruch said...

*the

Cheerio said...

shriki - oddly, i actually really appreciate your comment!
sara/feivel - thanks for the sympathy :)
baruch - hmm... so i just gotta break through. now how do i do that...?
are you coming anyway? its gonna be AWESOME!
and - you still have two days...
maybe break out that facebook poem you wrote a while back?

Baruch said...

i think i read that one last time

as for how to break through, no clue. i guess it just happens

hope you have something, or just read the ones from previous slams... they are definitely worth a repeat

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Cheerio: I must know; what is there to appreciate in such a comment?

Cheerio said...

i pride myself on my command of the english language - when i err, i appreciate being corrected.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Ahh.

C said...

Sending big hugs your way.

Come on over... I have booze in the apartment. We can drown your sorrows (though I do hope things are better now).

Cheerio said...

indeed, they are. you missed an awesome weekend... (there was booze consumed ;)
here's to a good week to come, or at least another good weekend!

mushka said...

love ur writing.
just wanna let u know that we pray for rabbi f nearly every nite at the kotel and evry lchaim we make. is he doing any better?