Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This is my Gimmel Tammuz.
Quiet and alone in a house with two sleeping children upstairs, bone tired from my day, while my friends get a ride to the Ohel with my sister, and I eat pastries taken from a farbrengen, and chat online.
I will go next week, when the Ohel is as empty as it ever gets, and I can confront my Rebbe on my own.
Tonight, I do a greater service, letting my sister and brother-in-law, front-line soldiers that they are, gather strength from being in Crown Heights at this time.

12 comments:

Just like a guy said...

Or else you go tomorrow.

Altie said...

thats when the real fun is. kind of hard to get in then

e said...

the real fun is when? next week?

Altie said...

no, day of. gimmel tamuz. u should go e, lots of girls there.

Just like a guy said...

If e was interested in girls [at the ohel] then things would be very different.

Altie said...

lol u are right. i would personally donate a case of mashke if E was going to the ohel with a girl for a specific reason

Cheerio said...

only a case, altie? e. + girl + ohel deserves at least two.

Altie said...

lol u wanna provide the 2nd one? im kinda broke

e said...

the mashke's taken care of. Now we only need to girl...

Altie said...

lol good luck with that. be smoooooth with the ladies

chanie said...

Altie, you know...you're eligible. ;)

(Shadchanus goes to me...)(and best thing is, you can't retaliate... ;P)

Altie said...

ok. i always say, find me a nice guy, and i'll show up at the wedding. simple. oh, just make sure he's jewish. i'm strict with that. and tell me the time and place beforehand.