Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Elul Times

Bsd

I've talked so much today that my teeth are sore, my mouth is dry, my throat is still pulsing with the energy of my words, and my hands hold tight the memory of their frantic movement.
New is the word of the month.
New year, new school, new roommates.
New relationship with my brother.
New me?
Only it's not a new me, it's the old me, the me I've been trying to be for so long now I couldn't remember who that was.
Only it's a better me, tempered by the failures of this year, strengthened by the hard-won successes.
Ksiva vchasima tova, people.

5 comments:

Just like a guy said...

Nu, what's with the brother?

bonne said...

That first sentence is fantastic.

e said...

leave moves on...

Cheerio said...

trs - the last time we lived near each other, i was sixteen, he was fourteen. that was five years ago. people change. and a phone/who we are at home relationship is very different than the in-person, kinda grown upish people relationship we're have now that we live near each other again.
sarabonne - thanks :)
e - huh?

e said...

yikes. I meant to write "life moves on" (I think).