Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School Checklist

Bsd


Wake up at the painfully early hour of 6 AM - Check.
Decide to wear my purple dress for luck and love - Check.
Wait for Albany Bakery to open their doors so I can buy breakfast - Check.
Korbanos on the train - Check.
Receive schedule - Check.
Meet Stephanie, who also doesn't have any books - Check.
Go to the subbasement to buy uniform shirt, massage oil, books - Check.
Wait on line for twenty minutes - Check.
Meet Lana and Helmy (who introduced herself as Helmy, named after her Estonian great-grandmother, who was an alchoholic) - Check.
Discover that Lana and I are in the same class, and decide to be late together - Check.
Spend 42 dollars on school supplies - Check.
Change into my tznius version of the school uniform ( school tshirt, black shirt, black short skirt, black leggings) - Check.
Make it to class - Check.
Listen to two hour lecture; need the restroom desperately by the end of it - Check.
Take the stairs to the library to make copies; meet Dani, Librarian Extraordinaire and Savior of My Sanity and Money - Check.
Stuff half an eggsalad sandwich in my mouth in the last five minutes of break - Check.
Watch demonstration - Check.
Partner up with Lana (as in Svetlana, not Lang), who happens to be from Russia via Israel - Check.
Receive 20 minute massage; finally relax - Check.
Give 20 minute massage - Check.
Realize that my table had been one leg higher the entire time - Check.
Change back to street clothes - Check.
Meet Jen and Katie, both fellow Brooklynites - Check.
Leave school - Check.

The End.
Unless you want to hear about how I did my reading at work while my kiddie slept away. Which if you do, means you are really desperate for details of my life. If you're THAT desperate, just call me.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) great day! wish i could hear more.

Altie said...

you have a school uniform? u give AND get massages at school? what kind of school do you go to?

Cheerio said...

a massage therapy school.

bonne said...

Sounds awesome, good thing your partner is a girl or that would be kinda awkward.

cory Thorson said...

have you tried www.customschooluniforms.com ? they have high quality clothing at low prices

e said...

Congrats on starting school!

You meet more people on your first day than I meet in three semesters.

Cheerio said...

cool thing happened today - met another frum girl! now there's two of us!

menuch said...

that is awesome that u met another frum girl at school!!! this school sounds good=) call me up u know my number ash!!

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

…massage therapy school…I think anyone would agree that that has the potential to be pretty ‘good for siduchim’…

Cheerio said...

and what is THAT supposed to mean?!

e said...

I don't think you want to know.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheerio said...

i was taking a page from altie's book, trying to get him to spell it out. you wanna make innuendo in my comments section, you gotta be prepared to be required to elucidate the potentially embarrassing intent in public. its justice.
ps shriki, nu, scared of all the girls?

Altie said...

lol. Good job.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

"nu, scared of all the girls?"- Mortified..

“You gotta be prepared to be required to elucidate the potentially embarrassing intent”- Nothing embarrassing. I meant it’s nice to marry someone who has the potential to give a good massage (though I said it in a way that seemed to intimate eroticism). What I told chani was basically “it’s a ‘married people thing’ so you wouldn’t understand” (had to translate in case someone thinks I was saying something messed up!)…

Cheerio said...

um, which chani?

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

...hm. It seems that in one of the comments I somehow read 'chani' instead of 'Cheerio'. ..all I can say is: at least this is he first time that's happened..

Leigh Est said...

sounds like a fun first day!

C said...

I tagged you as well.... I figured if enough of us got on your case, you would start writing again :).