Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Time

Time for me to be honest.

With myself.
My friends,
Mashpia.
You.
You, the reader.
You, the mysterious unknown audience,
You, the ones whose numbers are saved in my phone.
I think I've reached a certain point in my life here.
Either I write about what I'm really thinking or I don't write.
But here's the deal:
Don't ask questions when I write mysterious statements.
Don't give me a hug the next time you see me (unless that's our normal manner of greeting).
Even when you think I need one.
I'm going to pretend that I am talking to myself, the way I do when I'm walking down the street and freaking out.
And you and all your comments?
That's just me talking back to myself.

5 comments:

Just like a guy said...

whatever you say

Anonymous said...

when making a decision, it's wise to weigh up the benefits vs the risks.

in this case: the benefits of unloading your innermost thoughts and feelings so they don't weigh you down vs. the risk of saying something you later regret and it's already up on the interwebs for all the world to see.

Cheerio said...

trs - :P

anon - you raise a valid point. in a way, its my exact point. when i started writing this blog, no one knew it existed. i could say anything.
now people read - people i don't even know about, and worse, people i know.
and so my blog has evolved.
and this is the next evolution.
deciding that honesty, the truth of what i'm feeling and thinking is worth more than protecting some imaginary illusion of privacy.

e said...

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear the deep secrets you've been hiding in your soul. (Figured I too ought to be honest about my voyeurism.)

Cheerio said...

hehe. aren't we all?