Friday, March 23, 2007

My Nephew

B"H
He's a small baby, a little handful. Just perfect for me to hold. He has big baby doll eyes, deep brown that look almost blue from certain angles. His cheeks are fat, making up most of his face. His nose peeks out delicately, just like his parents. He smiles, and a dimple shows. Tendrils of hair curl against his head, and a cowlick in the front refuses to go down.
He chortles when his father eats his hands, or tickles his tummy. He smiles when his mommy whispers to him. I snuggle my face into his soft neck. He frowns and laughs in his sleep, in response to some unknown dream. He wiggles when I hold him, and kicks his legs in his cradle. He chews on his fist or his blanket when he's hungry. He coos and gurgles and squeaks, talking to himself.
His tatty calls him "little man"; his mommy, "shmuntchkie". I call him "Mendel munchkin".
He is two months old today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daven that Moshiach will come now and we can all see our Rebbe once again.