Monday, March 19, 2007

Strange Transitions

B"H
Today was my sister's first wedding anniversary. It's also the day that I'm leaving Tsfat after seven months and returning to America. I'm headed to my sister's house for Pesach along with the whole family. It's been a while since we haven't been in Berkeley for at least some of Pesach. Those long ago days in Sacramento barely count. So this is a transition. One among many.
For example - someone who relies on her parents to someone looking for a job. A full time student to a part-time student. Adding aunt to the description of daughter and sister. Spending summers in CGI Berkeley to looking for a summer camp (anywhere). Being in Israel to being in America. Writing for my personal pleasure to trying to get something published.
I know what it all means - growing up.
Yeah, yeah. I'm eighteen, a big girl, I've had this conversation with my friends over and over. We're growing up, getting older, more mature (hopefully); we're adding to our families with sister and brother -in-laws, nieces and nephews, and the occasional suprise baby. The places where we live or where we go have changed. New people, new stories. But to me, no matter how many times I've gone through a change, crossed a milestone, it still strikes me the same way.
So - wow. It's my sister's one year anniversary. I'm an aunt. Chanie Ferris has been married for a day. And I'm going to the airport in an hour.

2 comments:

Superman Welton said...

Mazal Tov Nechama!!

Shlomo rocks and lil Mendy is so cute (and sometimes stinky..;)

our family is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

yea, growing up is seriously wierd!

Anonymous said...

well, now you're back in Tzvat. time flies, eh? growing up i must say is difficult. changes changes changes, thats life. love ya