Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Am Moving Up in Life

Bsd

I am moving.
Up two floors, to a beautiful pre-war detailed, four bedroom apartment, with lots of sun, built-in closets and beautiful high ceilings, where I will hopefully reside in the room with the skylight and the glass sliding doors. Oh, and there's a bathtub. 
I have proclaimed my love for my basement many a time, and as basements go, it's a pretty amazing one. There are so many memories held within these stark white walls. My little pink bedroom is dear to my heart.
But this new, bigger, brighter place has stolen my heart away. 
I'll save the nails I bought today to hang the pictures in my new room. 
I'll begin saving money for all the new furniture I'm going to buy tomorrow. 
I'll dream tonight of Shavuos, when a fellow blogger is coming to stay with me, and we'll sit in my gloriously sunny new living room, and talk until the sun has set and risen again

11 comments:

bonne said...

I am obscenely jealous. Mazel Tov! (On the apartment, I mean)

Cheerio said...

why, thank you :). you will have to come visit often...

Just like a guy said...

Stay up all night talking?! She needs her rest!

And anyway, who's paying for all this?

le7 said...

HAHA oh yeah dang I can't wait to come. Nice.

Cheerio said...

sorry, trs, it's gonna happen. we're women!
paying for the apt? it's a joint effort - my parents (who have been graciously supporting me) will continue paying what they've been paying, and i'll be responsible for the increase in rent.

Anonymous said...

O why o why didn't this happen last year??!!...

C.F.

Cheerio said...

the instant we got it and needed a roomie, i said to ilanica - "now if only we could get c.f. to come live with us..."

Just like a guy said...

Oy. Oh well.

e said...

mazal tov

Leigh Est said...

Mazol Tov on the new place... Maybe I'll come occupy the vacant room :)

ilanica said...

And oh how we long, yet, for C.F., for as long as we have the sweet joy radiating from our hearts as we bask in the prettiness of our bright new austere apartment, there will always be a twinge of sadness as you goneness is subtly felt.